My leadership philosophy is rooted in a personal commitment to live by my values, to lead by example, to set and achieve concrete goals, and to support, nurture and celebrate the accomplishments of everyone within my sphere of influence. I make every effort to help my co-workers, colleagues and constituents to achieve their personal and professional goals by looking…
Julie Lancaster knows that being a leader takes guts.
Before being the founder of Lancaster Consulting, Julie walked the talk. With decades of leadership in the U.S. and beyond, her experience guides her practice. Julie has served 100 direct reports, and has provided 900 performance evaluations. As the president of Lancaster Consulting, she now trains and coaches thousands of professionals each year.
Together with her clients, she is results oriented, future-focused, and is a positive advocate for success. In the public, non-profit, and private sectors, Julie serves as a leadership coach, consultant and trainer. Her topics range from strategic planning to increasing accountability: any topics that influence workplace success. She provides:
- Leadership Development Academies
- Retreats and Workshop Series
- The “Coaching for Excellence” program
Julie commits to working with groups and individuals who are up for the adventure of leadership* and believe in creating real change. *Leadership is a mindset, not a position.
Julie’s coaching clients range from aspiring leaders to CEOs. Although she works with 80 teams each year, she specializes in working with higher education institutions, local and federal government, health care, technical organizations, women leaders, values-driven teams and organizations in transition.
Julie holds an M.A. in Education and is a certified as a group coach, Myers-Briggs practitioner, Change Style Indicator and Change Style Navigator facilitator. Julie has been awarded Adjunct Instructor of the Year and lives in Flagstaff, AZ. She travels around the country working with teams who aspire to flourish.
Previous roles she has embraced include:
Rock Climbing Instructor
Outdoor Ed Director
School Garden Director
African Extension Agent Professor
Director of Career Services
Dean of Education
On the side, she loves to dig in the dirt and has authored the Flagstaff & Tucson Planting Guides.
Additionally, the Lancaster Consulting team is engaged, experienced, and exceptional at facilitating events for our clients.
In the role of facilitator and trainer, Lancaster Consulting fosters an environment of
And all of this is done through participatory learning.
Every training we provide focuses on the specialized needs of the group. The programs are created for practical and immediate implementation in the workplace, creating pertinence to the participants’ daily work life.
Our training modalities focus on serving all types of learners (visual, auditory, kinesthetic, interpersonal, and intrapersonal). For eager learners, you will experience maximum growth and development.
The training design and curriculum include current research, pertinent examples, experimentation, and abstract conceptualization.
We work to create a supportive environment for questioning and growth. We draw from and build upon your prior knowledge and experience.
As a pervasive theme, Lancaster Consulting provides enthusiastic optimism, respect, results orientation, future-focus, and is undeniably a positive advocate for your professional success.
A Sampling of Julie’s Recent Speaking/Training Events
- Women In Government Conference – Session: “Your Leadership Presence”
- Arizona City and County Managers Association Conference – Keynote: “Navigating Technology and Change in the Workplace”
- Meeting Professionals International Conference – Keynote: “Efficiency & Effectiveness”
- Northern Arizona Public Employees Benefit Trust Annual Celebration – Keynote: “What We Focus on Expands”
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources Conference – Keynote: “Navigating Change at Work”
- Arizona Women in Higher Education Conference – Session: “Influence”
- Toastmasters International Conference – Session: “The Role of Risk Taking in Leadership”
- Arizona Law Enforcement Records Management Association Conference – Session: “Leadership Presence & Career Trajectory”
- Arizona Association of Counties – Session: “Next Generation Workforce: Getting the Young to Stay”
- National Park Service, Workshops – Sessions: Stress Management, Mindfulness, Trust, and Team Building
- Grand Canyon Association Leadership Academy
- Coconino County Executive Leadership Academy
- North Country HealthCare Leadership Academy
- Community Empowerment for Regional Success Leadership Academy
- Northern Arizona Council of Governments Excellence in Leadership